If you have ever watched a movie with a telekinetic character it is very likely that you at one time imagined having the power to read peoples every thought. Unfortunately this post will not transform you to professor-x but it might just give an idea of how peoples mind work using simple psychology tricks.
- People remember the first and last thing that happens the most everything that happens in-between is mostly just vague. So it’s better to either be the first or last person during any interview.
- When someone is angry at you or just angry just stay silent and reply calmly when you have to this makes the person feel guilty and calm down.
- When talking to someone take note of their feet (if you can). If you’re talking to someone and their feet are pointing away from you they are probably not interested in the conversation.
- You can get people to agree with you more by giving them (or making them think they have a choice). For example instead of instructing kids to do their chores ask them if they will rather do the dishes or laundry, this way you have chosen that they should do chores but made them feel they made the decision on their own.
- When you’re in a group and laughter breaks each person subconsciously glances at the person they feel closest to in that group (a great way to know who has a crush on you).
- If you want to start a friendship with someone you have just met try to remember their name and refer to them by their name this makes them fell more respected and familiar with you.
- If you want to get more information out of someone after asking them a question but don’t want to be pushy it is usually a good idea to stay silent and maintain eye contact as they will likely feel the natural urge to tell you more.
- The best way to master anything is to teach. So if you just learnt anything that you would like remember try to teach it any time you get the opportunity (great psychology trick for students)
- If you want people to take you seriously saying “my Father (or Mother) taught me this” when speaking with them as people naturally tend to have more confidence in parents advice.
- When walking through a crowd your eyes should be focused on the spaces between them and not their faces. It makes it more likely for them to part ways for you.
- Asking people for small favors (occasionally ) tricks their mind to thinking they like you
- If you are carrying something and would like a nearby friend to help you just continue talking while handing them the item, they will subconsciously collect them from you.
- When arguing with a person it is a good idea to stand beside them and not in front of them because people feel they are being challenged when you stand right in front of them and tend to get annoyed thereby prolonging the matter. Standing beside them on the other hand keeps them calm and more likely to see things from your point of view.
14. Having a mirror behind a counter helps to keep customers calm because when and their facial expression changes their reflection in the mirror gives them an idea how they look to other people and they will probably calm down since nobody wants to look bad to other people.
15. When you find yourself in a frustrating situation remind yourself why you started doing it in the first place this really helps to cam you down and makes you more productive at that activity.